Off- grid power systems commonly referred to as stand-alone power systems supply electricity to properties that are not connected to the public electricity network. Renewable energy generation such as solar and wind power not only helps you create a sustainable lifestyle but benefits the environment, reduces noise, reduces air pollution, and cuts diesel transport costs to save you time and energy.
Off grid power systems consist of 4 main components:
- Power generator (solar panels or wind turbine)
- Battery bank
- Battery charge Controller
SMA Sunny Island
With the new generation of devices, the tried-and-tested Sunny Island battery inverters are easier and more affordable to install than ever – both in your home and in commercial applications as well as to the utility grid and in off-grid locations.
The Sunny Island has been installed more than 70,000 times worldwide. With the new generation, installers and PV system operators benefit from an even more user-friendly battery inverter.
- Lower system costs thanks to fewer components
- Faster installation and commissioning with a simple user interface
- Warranty period extended to 10 years
Communicative in all areas
Thanks to its integrated user interface and standard WLAN and Ethernet interfaces, the Sunny Island can be immediately and easily configured and monitored via smartphones or tablets.
- Uses standard Ethernet and WLAN interfaces
- Webconnect for faster and easier PV system monitoring with Sunny Portal / Sunny Places
- Local monitoring via web interface
- Optimized data logging for maximum transparency, even without continuous online access
Fast commissioning in eight steps
- Screencast for self-consumption systems
- Screencast for off-grid systems